Epsom? What Epsom?

Pointed out to me by a fellow racegoer ... taking Saturday's Randwick racebook as the example, why is the Breeder of races other than 2 and 3YO Group races omitted from the racebook? Is it less meritorious to breed the winner of the G1 Epsom as opposed to the Gimcrack?

(Excuse me as I roll around on the floor splitting my sides with laughter. Where have you been?).

The answer looks simple - it shows where our current racing mentality is at.

Perhaps it is a condition of Thoroughbred Breeders' NSW sponsorship of the Breeders' Plate?

Next thing you know they'll be dropping the breedings of runners in races beyond 2000m as no one would want to profess their guilt.

I will do my bit to redress the balance and herewith list the breeders of the winners of all the other Group races on the day:

Lorne Dancer - Yarraman Park Stud Pty Ltd and R W Vincent
Newport - DHK Investments Pty Ltd
Theseo - Emirates Park Pty Ltd
Fritz's Princess - Vinery Australia NSW Pty Ltd
Neroli - Woodlands Stud (only a Listed race but I couldn't leave her out).

No comments: