To Their Owners, It's Like Winning The Cox Plate

I trust you took the tip for the Come By Chance picnics on Saturday (see article below).

Bloodsport won by 5.8 lengths and Glenorchy won her race, too.

Up at Atherton, on the tablelands inland from Cairns, two I sold to Tom Hedley also saluted: Gaelic Lad (6g O'Reilly-Swanette, by Danzero) won the open sprint, his seventh win in 10 starts since I sold him to Tom. Berate (5g Diatribe-Danelle Smytzer, by Danewin) prevailed at his second start up there after being wiped out at barrier rise at his first attempt.

From the slit my wrists and bleed to death department comes news that my pin-up girl Ortensia gave herself an injury requiring treatment during last week which has put her out for the rest of the Melbourne spring. Her assignation with Samantha Miss will have to wait.

It's tough being an owner.

1 comment:

Valerie Grash said...

I'm truly sorry to hear about Ortensia. An infection like that sounds like such a freak occurance. Hopefully all works out well for her.